Argh, argh, and thrice argh.
Argh, argh, and thrice argh.
Exactly! It’s always bugged me how it’s always taught (for the most part) that women are always victims and men are always attackers. EVERYONE has the potential for both. Schools/ society/ whatever need to teach PEOPLE how to protect themselves and PEOPLE how to treat other PEOPLE.
(In case anyone was wondering, this subject has been bugging me more recently because I live in the city and so it’s been coming up a lot.)
Day 20: Satyr
“true form” Castiel
I’ve been wanting to draw this ever since I saw spacerocketbunny’s design!
OHMYGOSH THIS IS LOVELY :-:
Korean poster which has been making it’s way around
Protesting sexual harassment and violence against women
ETIQUETTE FOR MEN AT NIGHT
- Remember that your presence can be threatening to women walking alone at night
- If a woman is walking in front of you alone at night, slow down. You walking quickly or speeding up can be and in most cases is threatening
- If you’ve been drinking and are drunk, go straight home.
- Do not pick a fight or aggravate women walking at night
- Do not take off your clothes or publicly urinate
- Be careful to make sure you do not touch or hit someone, even on accident.
- If, late at night, you come to a situation in which you and a woman have to ride an elevator together, let her go up first and wait for the elevator to come back down.
- If there’s a woman in a public restroom (There are Korean public restrooms with no gender or sex markings that are open to all people), wait for her to finish and come out first before using the restroom.
- Report broken streetlights to the police
- Tell other men about these rules and that they have a responsibility to not threaten women walking at night
Rape and violence prevention tips.
THIS IS WHAT ALL RAPE PREVENTION TIPS SHOULD LOOK LIKE.
This is my new favorite thing.
Why are we always teaching women how not to be raped, when we should be teaching men not to rape? I still remember in my school health class have a few classes dedicated to talking about sexual harassment/ assault and rape. And the thing that always bugged me was that EVERYTHING was directed at girls. They never spoke to the guys about not raping OR not getting raped themselves. It does happen, and they should be given tips to protect themselves too (not to mention if it was talked about more then maybe men wouldn’t be so ashamed that they wouldn’t report it, as most cases go).
Anyway, that was my rant…. carry on… >_>
I’m doing an art giveaway to thank my crazy followers.
- TWO WINNERS: a sort of grand prize and also a runner up.
- First prize: 3 high-quality fanart prints (your choice from my gallery, up to 11x17, though sizes may vary depending on proportions), a handmade traditional sketch by me (from the fandom of your choice), a pair of rainbow socks (because rainbow socks are awesome), and maybe some other cool junk.
- Runner up: 1 high-quality print (same as above), a handmade traditional sketch (fandom of your choice), and other goodies that won’t be rainbow socks but will still entertain you.
- Reblog/like up to four times until September 28, 2012. I’ll pick the two winners at random after midnight (EST). Spammers and jerks won’t count, so don’t be either.
- Following me is not necessary unless you really want to, but please make sure your inbox is open so I can contact you.
- I’ll ship anywhere in the world. Just make sure you have your parents’ permission if you’re underage in your country.
How to get out of the friend zone | Seventeen Magazine
Oh my gosh, Colton’s face. XD
I wanted to try my hand at making a design for what Castiel’s true form may look like. It’s kind of a bizarre design and it’s actually kind of grotesque but I like it! I pictured a creature that was battered and rough on the eyes but still maintaing angelic and soft elements. I think that the normal angels (like Cas) would look farther from human than the archangels or any other higher ranked angel.
It’s also on my deviantart
This is so gorgeous!
It’s one of those days. :|